Search

Rotton Luck

Posted by Tni Newhoff on Sunday, June 10th, 2007 at 6:35 pm

By now you have read the previous posting from Jeff. It was so deflating to be dealt that bit of news given all of our previous delays at the beginning of this passage. Yesterday was the first day that I had dared to allow myself to feel the excitement of the anticipation of having completed this incredible, albeit challenging at times, journey, only to be smacked down when we least expected. Previous predictions from our weather guru and our grib files indicated that we would have smooth sailing right to Horta’s doorstep but alas, a system producing gale force conditions is expected to stall right in our path. If I have learned anything on this passage about weather and the sea, it is that I know nothing, and even when I know as much as I can possibly know about the situation, I am at the mercy of something so much greater…if nothing else, it is humbling and in a strange way comforting. BUT…there is no time to be morose b/c we are SO close!!! Pondering for a second that we might not get there until Friday bringing our days at sea count to precisely three weeks (ugghhhh) and then realizing that with a little perseverance and a willingness to deal with a tad bit of discomfort, we can still (no guarantees mind you) make a Tuesday landfall…well it feels as good as the sun shining brightly today when yesterday was grim, wet, and cold.
If you’ve got the time, send us some good vibes…just think Tuesday, Tuesday.

Please send us your comments...

You must be logged in to post a comment.